Sometimes you need to export all or a selection of your ConvertKit subscribers.
There are a few reasons why you might want to export your subscribers, including:
- Importing them to another tool such as a CRM
- Analysing the list by location
- Needing a list of customers to fulfil their orders
If you have ever tried this, you might find it somewhat tricky to grab all subscribers from a particular segment (or all of them from your account). By default, ConvertKit shows you 30 at a time on your subscriber page.
Read on and I’ll walk you through how to select all subscribers and then export them.
Go to the main Subscribers page
Firstly, head over to the list of all of your subscribers, tags and segments by clicking on Subscribers in the main menu.
Choose the tag or segment to export
Then choose the tag or segment you’d like to export by clicking from the right hand panel. If you’d like to export all subscribers, you can skip this step.
Select all subscribers
Next, tick the Subscriber checkbox at the top of the list. This will select the 30 subscribers listed below.
Then, in the blue bar that appears, click on “Select all X subscribers in Segment Y” (X will be the number of subscribers in the segment). This will select all subscribers in the segment (or all subscribers in your account if you didn’t tick on a segment or tag).
Export in Bulk Actions
Finally, in the “Bulks Actions” drop down, select Export.
Mistakes to avoid
There are a couple of things to bear in mind when doing this:
- Be very careful about storing this data securely and comply with data protection laws such as GDPR
- After you have done what you need to with the export, such as importing it into a CRM, delete the exported file rather than leaving it lying around on your hard drive.
Exporting a list of subscribers from your ConvertKit account might be confusing at first, but as you’d seen in this post, it is just a few steps:
- Go to the main Subscribers page
- Choose the segment or tag to export
- Select all the subscribers
- Export in Bulk Actions
Related to this, you might want to check out my guide on creating segments.
Like what you read here? Every week I send out new ConvertKit tips and tricks. My email subscribers get exclusive behind the scenes tips that help them take their ConvertKit to the next level. Want to be one of them? Sign up below.